February 9, 2010

Celebrating Valentine's Week: Love To Me #2 Love v/s Infatuation

“You don't have to sit on top of a mountain to discover what's right for you. You always know in your heart what you need to do.” -- Liz Dolan

She asked, “How do I know I am in love and not infatuation? Is he the perfect one? Should I fall in love?” Probably these questions bother many before making a commitment. She gets stressed and restless and desperately needs a break, from everything. She wants solitude before making a decision. The solitude baffles her more. As a friend I wanted to help. It was hard to tell her that I understood what she was going through. As I did not.

Love is not a decision, it happens. It is about no expectations and no complaints. It’s pure and innocent. It’s the feeling where you admire his imperfections and desires the best for him.

Choosing the right one for life is difficult but choosing the perfect one is not. As there is nothing perfect. Love is like piano-playing. It takes finesse to master. It’s like a marble which can be carved beautifully.

Infatuation is about you and me. Love is about “US”. As it is about being one, it outlasts everything. One only grows in love and never falls.

So now you know when it is infatuation and ain't love.

4 comments:

Veena said...

awesome stuff girl!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Gals!
@Neeti: Honey! Love is always present irrespective of years:-) Enjoy it every day and every passing moment.

Rohini said...

Good going Megha...:)