I was elated in the moment US won the silver medal in Vancouver 2010 pair ice skaitng - original dance for the Bollywood dance. Their flawless performance was absolute. However, it was a little disappointing to hear when the Bollywood dance was announced as the Indian Folk Dance.
Its great to watch the class in the first Indian dance talent hunt show, Dance India Dance. With its increasing popularity it made to its Season2. However, when the public voting starts, its sad to see dancers performing Indian dance forms get voted out. Is it because of lack of awareness? I wish.
As a child and teenager I grew up with dance becoming my passion. Though feel incomplete that I could never complete any of the profesional trainings, either due to dad's transfers, studies blah blah blah. But this irregularity never restrained me from reading and learning about dance. On one hand, the misrepresnted information on the world stage of Olympics and on the other the in-house ignorance, makes me somber. To be able to appreciate our culture and heritage, I have been reading and learning about Folk Dances Of India. I want to use this freespace for a QUIZ on Indian folk dances. One question would be posted daily followed by its answer the next day. Do not hold yourself back from participation.

No comments:
Post a Comment