May 26, 2010

New Look! New Music! New Awards!

NOTEMy first LONG post; courtesy Gnetch Awards. Let me know honestly if you managed to read it all

24 hrs of patient searching, googling, you tubing, RSS feed and blah blah blah……I finally gave my blog its first makeover..ta da!

I downloaded some 20 odd templates, tried then on and shucks! Just wasn’t getting it right. So the geek inside me knocked and I edited the html myself. M a software engineer afterall ;-) couldn’t stop tweaking around. And guess what yesterday was "Happy Geek Pride Day". I came to know of it reading another amazing blog from Eline @ RPG Called Life
Still a lot to do but here is its first look.

I was dead for almost the entire week and came back to life after reading some of my favs blogs. And she did it again :-) Yes Naughty Gnetch tagged me for A-W-A-R-D-S

Award 1.
A photo meme where I have to post the 8th picture from the 8th folder in My Pictures. So here it is.
This is when I was in Seattle. I and my hubby visited the Olympic National park, Washington. Seattle has been one of my best memories so far with regards to natural beauty. I am in love with the place.
  
Award 2.
Thanks Gnetch! I can be a brag now ;-)

7 facts about me
 
  • I am a human :-D
  • I love music and can’t imagine myself without dance in my life
  • I have only read two books in my life so far. The first one was enough to bowl me over and I failed to love reading. Though I did read Harry Potter
    • The Hard Life by Charles Dickens
    • Harry Potter series
  • I am a chatterbox. Probably nothing new for being a girl. But when I am quite people around me know for sure I am not fine
  • I am an independent person and responsible enough not to blame anyone for what happens in my life. Afterall it’s my life and I make my decisions. So why crib
  • My first crush in high school was Leonardo Dicaprio. Yes Titanic. But I was crazy to an extent that I totally believed I was Rose in my last birth (I am rolling)
  • I love making friends and am really good at it
Ain't it lovely when people let you talk about yourself :-p

 Award 3.
Love this one. Thanks a lot Gnetch!


Here are the rules for this one (simplified version) :

1. Thank and link the person who gave you this award.
2. Place the award on your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions associated with the award.
4. Pass the award.

Thanks much Gnetch. You are one awesome creature. Your posts make me smile everytime. Keep up the good work.

Now the 10 big questions. Woww…kudos to who thought of them.

1. Why do you blog?
- Plain and simple, it gives me happiness. Making friends, knowing about them, reading and writing about everything under the sun. Now c’mon who doesn’t like it

2. What are your three best memories?
- Marrying my love of life
- My first job. Gosh! Still get goose bumps when recall that moment when my name was announced among 100 people. The nervousness and fear turned into excitement and accomplishments in a snap
- The third one is difficult…so many. So would just leave it blank

3. If you had to change your real name, what would you change it to?
- Ahh! Never felt the need for that thought somehow

4. What are the five things you can't live without?
• The love of my life, my husband
• Fashion Accessories (bracelets, earrings, rings, necklaces)
• A job (that’s a essential part of my personality)
• Laptop (obviously for my work and blogging)
• Food, isn’t that a must on anyone’s list

5. What are the four best books you've ever read?
- I have only read 4 four books so not a right question for me

6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
- I am an individual and isn’t every individual unique.

7. What do you love about yourself?
- I don't panic that easily. I have a positive outlook for life.

8. What is the best movie ever made?
- Too many to list…Gladiator, Titanic, Devil Wears Prada, Lord of the Rings…the list is never ending

9. If you had a "freaky friday" experience, who would you trade places with and why?
-  Bella in Twilight. Ack..why did I say that. Well probably as she has the two most handsome hunks loving her…lol

10. What's the best part about being a woman?
- Wooo- Man

Pheww! Felt like I was writing an exam. And its finally over. Thank God ;-)
***********************************************************************************
For the tagging part I tag all of you my lovely friends HERE

Some of you might already have some of these awards, so feel free to either re-own them or ignore them. Its a free world.

Hey Gnetch, do not kill me. I loved your idea of organizing all lovely friends on a page and I have stolen it:-)

7 comments:

janjan said...

congrats on all the awards meg and thank you for including my name on the tag hahaha! and hey, i like your new template. it gave me an idea to do edit the html myself....but nah! i'm too lazy.

I had fun reading your answers.

Unknown said...

@janjan: cool u survived reading that long post :-) I didn't review it once ...lazy bums

Gnetch said...

Haha! It's okay. I'll let you live.

1. I love your new layout.
2. I clicked on your picture and the place is really pretty and you and your hubby look so good together.
3. I am human too. LOL
4. I used to have a crush on Leo too but I was in love with Taylor Hanson and Nick Carter.
5. If I were Bella, I would choose Edward.

See? I read the entire post! :)

Unknown said...

@Gnetch: You sure did :) and u better read it...the long post is on your awards. U rock:-)

I sure would choose Edward and push him hard to make me a vampire so I can be 19 FOREVER...lol

Rathi said...

Congrats Meg.... Gnetch is really something isn't she????

Unknown said...

Hey Ratz..thax
She indeed is for the matter of the fact that she shares the same birthday as my little baby sis.

I finally started leaving comments on your blog. I sure always read them but while leaving comment it asked for my email addr and i used to hold back myself. But ahh...no more :-) ur posts are just great

Nahla said...

thanks for the following :D
i liked your blog a lot too :)