June 21, 2010

Performing Weekend

Life is busy and occupied. My in-laws are in house visiting us for a month and am sure busy enjoying with them, I feel bad that my blog is getting a little neglected though :-( its hard to find time to pen down ideas when every day is fun and celebration. So after my in-laws are gone, I sure have a lot to share folks.

But for now, I really really wanted to share these pictures with you all lovely friends. Last Friday, I performed a Indian folk dance in a international festival and trust me we stole all the charm ...yeyyyyy

Our group name was "Garba Essence"

"Garba" is group folk dance, that comes from a north western state of India. Both men and women celebrate the power of the goddess for 9 auspicious days of the year, mostly in September. They dress up and dance on folk songs all night.

















Hope you all njoy the pictures!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey nice one Megha. I loved the pictures and ofcourse enjoyed dancing.

janjan said...

wow that's great meg! the costume is pretty and colorful. I always wanted to ask, what do you call that little thing you put on your forehead? I really find it cute...hehe

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was wonderful Meg. I love your colorful dress. And you look amazing.

Gnetch said...

I love this! Megha the performer! Woot woot!!!

Rathi said...

Way to go Meg... Love love love them...

Unknown said...

Hey wonderful ladies...thanks so much for all the appreciation.

@Janjan - That little thing on the head is called "tikka"....if you have tried some indian cuisine and had "chicken tikka", thats the right way to say "tikka"

Sami said...

WOW!! The colors and details on those costumes are gooorgeous.. I enjoyed looking at your photos :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! What a big, high energy group! If Garba Essence is dancing another 8 days of the year I hope to be there to enjoy one.

Ria said...

Love love love the costumes!have u got a video of the eent?it'd be really interesting!
have a good day Meg! :)

Tiffany said...

wow! beautiful! i love the costumes, the way they flow along with the bodies and all those colors!
p.s. i nominated you :)

George said...

Hi,

This is a wonderful blog! It was a very good read.

I was wondering if you would be interested in guest blogging on my blog. It is a collection of my travels and the travels of my guests. If you scan the site you can see that now almost 100% of the posts are from guests. Lately I’ve been finding many people interested in guest posting.

Included in your post will be a link to your website using whatever anchor text or key words you wish and a description of your site (if you choose to include one.)

My blog (onetravel.wordpress.com) receives about 2000 visitors a day and that number is steadily growing.

So if you are interested in being a guest, please let me know.

Send me an Email:
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Warm Regards,
George Christodoulou
Travel Blogger | OneTravel
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Unknown said...

@Tiffany: hey dear....thanks a lot for nomination. I just came back to life after longgg

@George: Thanks for the offer. I would be obliged. My blog came back to life after a longg time. Life was crazy busy. But m back now