August 12, 2010

!! OutSourced !!









World is shrinking and customer support is sinking.





I booked tickets online for my parents, for the day after next using this travel services website. In first place, the e-ticket was not issued after I completed the booking although the money was immediately deducted from my account. I booked the ticket on the night of Aug 9 for Aug 11 early morning. On Aug 10, I received an email that due to some errors my booking has been canceled. After waiting for the refund for several hours and trying over a thousand times to reach the customer support, I finally got hold of them.

The very fact that I am writing a post on this would sure illustrate my experience.

CSR: Welcome to “Travel-Cha-Cha”, the best travel booking services in India. How can I help you today?

Me: (Aug 11, 12:30 AM) Hi! I booked 3 tickets online for Aug 11, 6 AM flight from……..

CSR: Yes, Yes. You will get your e-ticket tomorrow.

Me: No it’s not about e-……

CSR: No problem. You will get it tomorrow.

Me:   Listen- It’s not about the e-ticket. And I did the booking more than 24hrs ago. Its 12:30 AM right now and my flight is at 6 AM. If not yet, there is no way I would get an e-ticket from you. Anyways….

CSR: We send e-tickets on the journey date.

Me: After the flight takes off ?????????

CSR: No No Madam! No.

Me: Anyways. I am not calling for the e-ticket. I got an email that my booking has been canceled.

CSR: Ooooooo (the longest ever)

Me: Please look up my ticket status. My booking reference is XXXXX

CSR: Madam! You got a cancelation email naaaaaa (‘naaaa’ is one of those words used to emphasize on a statement. It’s not Hindi, Its not English.) So it is canceled.

Me: Why don’t you jus look it up?

CSR: Oh madam! My server is down. It night “naaaaa”

Me: Awesome. But the money has been deducted from my account.

CSR: No problems

Me: What the heck do you mean?????

CSR: You booked the ticket so it got deducted Madam

Me: Grrrr….don’t u understand that the booking has been canceled. Why haven’t I got the refund yet?

CSR: You will. You will. 3-4 days. Please wait.

Me: You putting me on hold to talk to your supervisor?

CSR: No. I mean wait for your refund.

Me: Darn! 3 days or 4 days

CSR: Keep checking your account

Me: Huh

CSR: It happens Madam. Don’t worry, you will get it

Me: Great

CSR: Other than money can I help you any more?

Me: When will your server come back up? I can call up again to check on the status.

CSR: It goes down during night for maintenance.

Me: Oh really! I booked the ticket in night and my money too got deducted Was it not down then.

CSR: No No. That was payment server.


So folks, it has been 3 days and I still waiting for the refund.

14 comments:

Misty Michelle said...

HAHA!! This made me LOL!

What a pain in the boooty!!! NAAAAAAAAAA :)

~Misty

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Checking you blog now.

Ria said...

Hehe that was funny!!!Lovely to have you back! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ria. Yeah I missed the entire blogger world badly when I was away. But M back now...huhahahaha

janjan said...

hahahahaha!!! damn that customer service representative. I swear I hate calling them. I also had a previous experience about my flight that got cancelled. They promised to give a complimentary flight, i just have to call the customer service anytime i wanted to claim the freebie. and what happened? i looked like a cheapskate coz they made me call several times only to find out that the complimentary flight is invalid.

Unknown said...

Waiting for "OURSOURCED" on NBC starting Sept 23, for more of the same!!! Good Job!

Vivian said...

Oh man, so frustrating! I hope you do get your money back, haha

Gnetch said...

You know, I always lose my patience every time I call customer service. They just can't listen first before they answer. Hope you get your money back. That is if you haven't yet.

Well, have you?? :)

Anonymous said...

Why do all Customer Services the same? I have the same experience last month when i called about my internet connection. They could not give you a specific solution to the problem. It's as if they don't know what's going on. They are just there to pacify you in the most irritating way.

Unknown said...

Finally today I got the money back. I swear never to use this travel service again

Jena Carper said...

:(
Man that's a bummer! I'm sorry! I hope you get refunded soon. I want to start saying "Naaaaa" now :)

Tiffany said...

ohhh that's a pickle!
hilarious post though! hope you get your refund....or kick some ass girl!

Priyank Shah said...

Heck of an experience... lolz.... You keep on having one of these every now and then... lolzz

Ankur R said...

Hahahha.... first time read your blogs.. apt!
Nicely quoted everything.. fulll comic but realistic.. ;)